Monday 3 November 2008

Two months...

So it's been a while; in the last two weeks, I've been very busy at work.

Of the four full time music staff, one is in Japan for a fortnight and the other two got ill simultaneously last week, so I ran the department for a few days! It was pretty stressful, but I think I came out with lots of credit, so no complaints. Last Friday we had HaRRoween; an event in school with food and lots of music, stalls and games, which pretty much falls to our dept to organise. It was a big success, and was actually pretty fun; we had lots of different musical acts, some with or run by us, some put on by the students, all fairly decent. We also had our inter-house music competition on the same day; hence why I have been so busy. The competition was really good - there are some fantastic pianists here, and a really, really good drummer, so it was a good day.

After those events lots of the staff went to a karaoke bar, where we drank and sang for a few hours, which was great. The Chinese staff are, without exception, AMAZING at karaoke; even I was put to shame! The best I managed was a few Backstreet Boys numbers...

The weekend just gone the Girls Choir at school spent the weekend at a spa outside Beijing, and I had to go to supervise. It's an annual trip - they do lots of rehearsals during the day (their big concert is coming up), then go to these lovely hot springs and spa in the evening. They're a really nice group, so it wasn't very hard work, so I helped out with rehearsals, then was able to relax in the evening. I had my first ever massage! Back and feet...I didn't really know what to expect, and, to be honest, I really didn't like it! She hurt me! Was a fun weekend overall.

Have been playing every weekend for the Beijing Barbarians, and have started playing midweek 5-a-side as well. Got on the scoresheet last weekend in a 6-2 win, played two 5-a-side games midweek, one win, one loss, three goals in two games, then had a 2-2 draw this weekend. We're up to 4th in the table. We're having a club dinner on Friday, which suits me as it's half-term at the end of this week - all the guys are really nice, so that's going well.

So yep, one more week 'til half-term. Am STILL having visa issues, but there is a still a fair chance I will go to Hong Kong next week. And it's under 7 weeks until California!

x

P.S. Had a nice three-way skype with the family on my Gpa's 90th, and had my first skype with the boys in York last weekend, which was awesome. Although the nudity was probably unnecessary. Anyway, if anyone ues it, let me know!

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.